Thursday 2 May 2013

I WANT TO BE BEYONCE.


The Mrs Carter show – How lucky was I to see Beyonce on one of her five nights at the 02 during her world tour?  It was an incredible concert, just incredible, there’s not much more I can say: take her insane voice, the lighting, graphics, dancers, band and costumes and this was a truly inspirational performance.

The Crowd:
Beyonce’s presence won them over in a heartbeat.  For one moment, as she rose up through the stage, the crowd fell silent and time momentarily stood still.  Then deafening applause as everything kicked off.  This woman is so skilled at interacting with her fans; one woman’s reaction to Beyonce touching her hand was five full minutes of hysterical jumping up and down and screaming – which those around her  (including her boyfriend) seemed to feel entirely justified!   


The lighting and graphics show:
Dare I say that even on mute the concert would be fabulous?  The theme running throughout the show was of Beyonce being crowned queen, losing her identity and re- finding it, using amazing lighting and graphics, with fashion angles that could have been taken straight from a professional shoot.  In one of my favourite routines, Beyonce and her dancers stand in front of an LCD screen so you only see their silhouettes.  Behind them, black and white patterns are screened to emphasize their dancing and, as the pace of the music increases, this is matched by the graphics until it builds to a crazy fast finale!

New life goal= Be Beyonce:
Beyonce’s power to inspire, her confidence, determination and passion is truly empowering – my new life goal is to be Beyonce.  Okay, so I won’t get a weave or sing my heart out in front of millions, but I wasn’t the only one to come away from that concert feeling that I had experienced something more than the music.

Trust me – those of you with tickets are in for a treat.

//Photographs from google images

No comments:

Post a Comment