Thursday 20 June 2013

Stylish Living


Back in my seaside hometown for summer I have come to accept that the fashion buzz is not going to be quite as loud as it is in London.  So whilst working in my local cafe, I was pleasantly surprised when a group of six friends, probably in their sixties graced us with their ultra stylish presence.  In their thirties wear they caught everyone's eyes including mine.  They were all fully made up, with the correct clothes, make up, hair and accessories.  These ladies and gentlemen looked amazing!  



Women - full make up, curled hair, long skirts, pearls, scarves, the lot.  Men - suits, hats, tie, brogues, one even carrying a long umbrella.  They looked like a great bunch of people having a lot of fun and regardless of their age, I would happily have joined in their group antics!  When talking to them, they said that every year they all get together for one week, rent out an art deco house and live as if they are in the thirties - no tv, music from that era, food from that time, lots of dancing and playing games and, of course, dressing from that period.  What a brilliant idea!  Such a simple concept that looked such fun - definitely something I would love to do... now I just have to decide which era I would like to visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment