Thursday 16 January 2014

Made you look...



Todays trip to Camden led me to a great discovery of a brand tucked away at the back of Camden Market in what used to be a Victorian Railway Arch – ‘General Eyewear’.  The cool arch shaped structure provides the perfect space for the eyewear brand to display its unique range of luxury frames and sunglasses, mixing a vast range of modern and retro designs.


Not only did I love all the frames themselves but also the layout of the store, which is sectioned into three areas (A, B and C) and provides a museum like atmosphere. A is dedicated to the frames, B for the sunglasses and C for the workshop situated at the back of the store.  Near the workshop there is also a beautiful collection of patterned Perspex, which I assume customers can choose to be customised into their own frame designs.  I particularly fell in love with a green/blue/pink-patterned design, however, at the £250 price mark these shall only be added to my wish list for now.


Their website, which I jumped as soon as I got home, is equally as impressive (at www.generaleyewear.com).  All in all this little find has been the highlight of my day and definitely a brand I hope to buy from in the near future (when I have saved a few more pennies). 

No comments:

Post a Comment